Overcome Eye Convergence with This Eye Exercise
This eye exercise aims to control eye convergence and stimulate simultaneous perception.
For this eye strengthening exercise, you would an 'X' card of the size 3"x5".
Use glasses only if absolutely necessary for clear vision.
(1) Draw and 'X' card on a piece of cardboard and cut out the portion indicated.
(2) Hold the card in front of your eyes, six inches from the nose.
(3) Shift your gaze through the top opening of the card to a distant object. The two inclined lines should cross each other to form the figure of X, in the middle of the card.
(4) Correctly adjust your focus so that the top and the bottom arms of 'X' are of the same length.
(5) Hold the 'X' in view for five counts. Then close the eyes and relax.
(6) Complete ten such cycles.
(a) At the end, perform palming for two minutes or more.(b) The distance of the 'X' card from the eyes should be varied so as to improve eye convergence :
- First Week - six inches
- Second week - ten inches
- Third week - fourteen inches
- Fourth week - as far away from your eyes as possible
The Benefits of This Exercise
This method exercises the convergence and cause us to see with both the eyes together.